- Channel Branding
- Stadiums & Venues
- Trucks & Remotes
- Game Shows & Shopping Channels
LONDON, July 18, 2011
Chyron today announced that MOOV Limited and MST SYSTEMS Ltd, are using seven HyperX³ on-air graphics systems to support the BBC’s live coverage of the Open Championship, July 14-17 at the Royal St. George’s Golf Club in Sandwich, Kent, England. Using the same workflow implemented at the Scottish Open, MOOV and MST SYSTEMS are working together to provide presentation graphics for studio coverage and live scoring graphics throughout the golf tournament.
“Live golf coverage demands perhaps the most diverse assortment of graphics, and this challenge is compounded by the high and constant volume of data being generated,” said Duncan Foot, managing director at MOOV Limited, provider of data-driven graphics for live sports and entertainment broadcasts. “This year we relied solely on Chyron’s HyperX³ on-air graphics systems, which not only provided us with the power required for rich 3D graphics, but also offered the flexibility and interoperability necessary for our partner, MST SYSTEMS, to bring a variety of data into those graphics in real time. MST SYSTEMS’ ability to work quickly and confidently with the Chyron platforms eliminated the need to rebuild and recheck all our graphics, which in turn made for a much simpler and more pleasant tournament.” MOOV and MST SYSTEMS confirmed their Chyron-based graphics workflow at the Scottish Open prior to implementation for the larger Open Championship. Within this workflow, MOOV created the network’s graphics package and MST SYSTEMS turned those graphics into templates populating them with data ranging from scores, statistics, and standings, ensuring rapid time to air with Chyron HyperX³ systems.
MST SYSTEMS’ familiarity with the HyperX³ allowed the company to turn around graphics templates within just 24 hours. During the tournament, MOOV also used the HyperX³ systems to air headline sequences in which live video from a critical drive, putt, or other stroke were shown with a full-screen graphic in real time without requiring rendering.
“Chyron HyperX³ and HyperX3.1 on-air graphics systems are future-proof solutions that not only provide the power we need at an attractive price point, but also interface well with our own software to support delivery of high-impact data-rich graphics,” said Stuart Paterson-Browne, software development manager at MST SYSTEMS. “The integrated system combining our software with HyperX systems has performed perfectly in all recent events, and we plan to move all of our graphics facilities, including all European Tour, Ryder Cup, Solheim Cup, and World Touring Car Championship graphics, over to Chyron systems within the next two years.”
MOOV has become the graphics company of choice for leading broadcasters including BBC, ESPN, AI Jazeera, RTE, ITV, Sky Italia, and Channel 4. MST SYSTEMS has provided graphics and scoring facilities at six Ryder Cups, 11 Open Championships, and more than 1,000 other golf tournaments for the European Tour, Asian Tour, OneAsia tour, China Tour, and the LPGA. Going forward, MOOV and MST SYSTEMS plan to leverage their proven graphics workflow and Chyron systems not only for golf, but also for coverage of other high-profile events such as the 2012 Summer Games in London.
More information about Chyron and the company’s products is available at www.chyron.com.
As the pioneer of graphics as a service for all digital video media, Chyron (NASDAQ: CHYR) continues to define the world of digital and broadcast graphics with Web, mobile, HD, 3D, and newsroom integration solutions. Winner of numerous awards, including two Emmy® Awards, Chyron has proved itself as the undisputed leader in the industry with sophisticated graphics offerings that include Chyron’s AXIS Graphics online content creation software and order management system, on-air graphics systems, clip servers, channel branding, and graphics asset management solutions. More information about Chyron products and services is available on the company websites: www.chyron.com and www.axisgraphics.tv. The company’s investor relations information is at www.chyron.com via the “Investors” link. and click on Investors.
All trademarks and registered trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.
Press Release Archive
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► May (2)
- ► April (5)Bundesliga Selects ChyronHego as Official Provider of Real-Time Digital Sports Data ChyronHego Launches Mosaic Graphics Creation and Playout Platform for Live and Automated WorkflowsChyronHego Unveils Graffiti On-Air Graphics Platform at NAB 2013ChyronHego and Mark Roberts Motion Control Partner to Create Landmark Intelligent Robotic Camera SolutionITV News to Refit All 10 U.K. Regional News Sites With ChyronHego’s BlueNet™ Graphics Workflow
- ► March (2)
- ► February (1)
- ► January (3)Waterman Broadcasting Uses Chyron Channel Box² to Overhaul Look and Feel of 24-Hour News ChannelTexas Legends NBA D-League Team Leverages ChyronIP to Bring Industry-Leading Graphics Capability to New Mobile Unit Belgium’s Télé Bruxelles Builds New Look on Chyron’s Channel Box² Channel Branding System
- ► 2012 (30)
- ► December (1)
- ► October (2)
- ► September (5)Mexico’s PCTV Deploys Chyron’s BlueNet™ Workflow and SHOUT 2.0 Social Media EditorNew ChyronIP Earns STAR Award at IBC2012zeebox Becomes Charter Partner for Chyron ENGAGE PlatformNew ChyronIP Solution Brings Power of Chyron Graphics to NewTek TriCasterChyron Reveals Enhanced Axis World Graphics Platform to European Market
- ► August (1)
- ► July (3)
- ► June (3)
- ► May (2)
- ► April (5)Chyron Further Expands Latin American Footprint Chyron's ENGAGE Wins ‘STAR’ Award From Editors of TV TechnologyChyron’s SHOUT Takes Twitter Feeds Live to Air in an Instant Chyron and ConnecTV ‘Engage’ Viewers With Innovative Technology PartnershipChyron’s Todd Martin to Participate in 2012 NAB Cloud Computing Conference
- ► March (4)
- ► February (1)
- ► January (3)
- ► 2011 (52)
- ► December (2)
- ► November (1)
- ► October (5)CCW/HD World 2011 Product PreviewChyron Rocky Mountain Audio Video Expo (AVX) Product PreviewChyron Appoints Jean Rene Georges as Northeast and Mid-Atlantic Senior Account ExecutiveChyron’s Greg Lennon to Present Keynote on Cloud-Based Services at 2011 Rocky Mountain AVXNew Chyron Media Center Brings State-of-the-Art Graphics to Arizona State University
- ► September (4)
- ► August (4)Chyron Expands Latin American Market PresenceChyron’s Cloud-Based Axis World Graphics System Allows U.S. Newsrooms to Take Quake Graphics to Air QuicklyChyron Equips Powerful and Popular LEX3.1 On-Air Graphics System With Free Stereoscopic 3D SupportChyron Appoints Kathy Power Senior Vice President of Worldwide Sales
- ► July (6)
- ► June (6)Chyron Appoints Sim Kolliner Vice President of Professional ServicesShanghai TV Festival 2011 PreviewExpo Cine, Video & Television (Telemundo) PreviewChyron Expands London Office With Three New AppointmentsChyron Names Christina Thomas Senior Account ExecutiveChyron Names Jonathan Wong New Vice President of Asia Pacific Sales
- ► May (4)
- ► April (8)Chyron Names Peter Morrone Senior Vice President, Engineering and Product ManagementChyron Highlights Enhancements to Graphics Solutions at the 2011 NAB ShowChyron BlueNet™ Graphics Workflow Being Rolled Out Across All 12 NRK News-Producing StationsChyron BlueNet™ Workflow Gives the NHL Network™ a Competitive Edge in Live Graphics PlayoutChyron BlueNet™ Offers Broadcasters Complete Graphics Creation and Playout SolutionSwitzerland’s RSI Extends Deployment of Chyron HyperX³ On-Air Graphics SystemsBroadcastAsia 2011 PreviewU.K. Graphics Company MOOV to Attend Royal Wedding, Brings Chyron’s HyperX³ to the Party
- ► March (4)
- ► February (6)Chyron’s Paul Glasgow to Discuss Cloud-Based Services at CABSAT Broadcast ConferenceChyron Appoints Gary Schutte as North American Director of Channel SalesChyron Strengthens Presence in the Middle East and North Africa, Partners With Dubai-Based Dealer TevidoChyron’s Lyric PRO 8 Earns Digital Studio Industry Leadership AwardChyron’s Paul Glasgow to Join Debate ‘The Cloud: A Year On’ at Broadcast Video Expo 2011Chyron MicroX Powers Real-Time Text and Graphics Animation at New STAR CJ Home Shopping Channel
- ► January (2)