- Channel Branding
- Stadiums & Venues
- Trucks & Remotes
- Game Shows & Shopping Channels
Melville, NY - May 9, 2011
Chyron today announced a major purchase by Raycom Media, one of the largest broadcasters in the United States, who will be implementing the new Chyron BlueNet™ graphics workflow at all 31 of its news-producing stations. In a complete overhaul and HD upgrade of its graphics systems, Raycom is outfitting each of these stations with Chyron solutions including two dual-channel LEX3 on-air graphics systems, a CAMIO server, and the iSQ remote monitoring and playout application.
“Chyron’s close work with us — on both the corporate level and with our individual stations — was critical to the design of an efficient and cost-effective unified graphics workflow for our news-producing stations,” said Paul McTear, CEO at Raycom Media. “In addition to providing powerful and sophisticated graphics tools, Chyron offered unique expertise in engineering and an end-to-end solution that could meet our current and future requirements. We feel that the company’s commitment to ongoing support and training as we roll out BlueNet also will be valuable in helping us maximize the value of this significant upgrade to our news operations.” BlueNet leverages Chyron’s acclaimed suite of graphics tools to enable complex broadcast graphics workflows, from the moment a graphic requirement is identified through creation of that graphic to the management and fully automated playout of the completed asset. BlueNet workflows streamline ordering and graphics asset management, collaborative graphics creation, and real-time playout. Integration with AXIS, Chyron’s cutting-edge cloud-based services offering, extends the power of BlueNet workflows in getting even the most sophisticated graphics to air quickly and efficiently.
“Designing an effective unified workflow for a broadcaster the size of Raycom Media is no small task, and the involvement and commitment of key staff throughout the company’s engineering, news, creative services, and promotions departments was vital to this project,” said Michael Wellesley-Wesley, president and CEO at Chyron. “We received valuable input from everyone engaged in the process, and we’re confident that the resulting BlueNet workflow will yield a dramatic improvement in Raycom’s ability to incorporate striking graphics into their live productions and, in turn, deliver an even more competitive on-air product.”
Chyron designed and specified the BlueNet system in collaboration with Raycom’s Paul McTear, president and CEO; Dave Folsom, chief technology officer; Susana Schuler, vice president, news; and Anne Adkins, vice president, marketing.
Raycom will roll out its new Chyron BlueNet workflow at 26 stations in 2011 and at the remaining five stations in 2012. The broadcaster will implement an AXIS layer in a second stage of its BlueNet implementation.
More information about the Chyron BlueNet workflow and the company’s graphics solutions is available at www.chyron.com.
About Raycom Media Inc.
Raycom, an employee-owned company, is one of the nation’s largest broadcasters and owns and/or operates 45 television stations in 36 markets and 18 states. Raycom stations cover 12.7 percent of U.S. television households and employ nearly 3,500 individuals in full- and part-time positions. In addition to television stations, Raycom owns Raycom Sports (a marketing, production, and events management and distribution company in Charlotte, N.C.), Raycom Post (a post-production facility in Burbank, Calif.), and Broadview Media (a post-production facility based in Montgomery, Ala.).
Further information about Raycom can be found at the corporate website, http://www.raycommedia.com.
As the pioneer of graphics as a service for all digital video media, Chyron (NASDAQ: CHYR) continues to define the world of digital and broadcast graphics with Web, mobile, HD, 3D, and newsroom integration solutions. Winner of numerous awards, including two Emmy® Awards, Chyron has proved itself as the undisputed leader in the industry with sophisticated graphics offerings that include Chyron’s AXIS Graphics online content creation software and order management system, on-air graphics systems, clip servers, channel branding, and graphics asset management solutions. More information about Chyron products and services is available on the company websites: www.chyron.com and www.axisgraphics.tv. The company’s investor relations information is at www.chyron.com via the “Investors” link. and click on Investors.
All trademarks and registered trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.
Press Release Archive
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► May (2)
- ► April (5)Bundesliga Selects ChyronHego as Official Provider of Real-Time Digital Sports Data ChyronHego Launches Mosaic Graphics Creation and Playout Platform for Live and Automated WorkflowsChyronHego Unveils Graffiti On-Air Graphics Platform at NAB 2013ChyronHego and Mark Roberts Motion Control Partner to Create Landmark Intelligent Robotic Camera SolutionITV News to Refit All 10 U.K. Regional News Sites With ChyronHego’s BlueNet™ Graphics Workflow
- ► March (2)
- ► February (1)
- ► January (3)Waterman Broadcasting Uses Chyron Channel Box² to Overhaul Look and Feel of 24-Hour News ChannelTexas Legends NBA D-League Team Leverages ChyronIP to Bring Industry-Leading Graphics Capability to New Mobile Unit Belgium’s Télé Bruxelles Builds New Look on Chyron’s Channel Box² Channel Branding System
- ► 2012 (30)
- ► December (1)
- ► October (2)
- ► September (5)Mexico’s PCTV Deploys Chyron’s BlueNet™ Workflow and SHOUT 2.0 Social Media EditorNew ChyronIP Earns STAR Award at IBC2012zeebox Becomes Charter Partner for Chyron ENGAGE PlatformNew ChyronIP Solution Brings Power of Chyron Graphics to NewTek TriCasterChyron Reveals Enhanced Axis World Graphics Platform to European Market
- ► August (1)
- ► July (3)
- ► June (3)
- ► May (2)
- ► April (5)Chyron Further Expands Latin American Footprint Chyron's ENGAGE Wins ‘STAR’ Award From Editors of TV TechnologyChyron’s SHOUT Takes Twitter Feeds Live to Air in an Instant Chyron and ConnecTV ‘Engage’ Viewers With Innovative Technology PartnershipChyron’s Todd Martin to Participate in 2012 NAB Cloud Computing Conference
- ► March (4)
- ► February (1)
- ► January (3)
- ► 2011 (52)
- ► December (2)
- ► November (1)
- ► October (5)CCW/HD World 2011 Product PreviewChyron Rocky Mountain Audio Video Expo (AVX) Product PreviewChyron Appoints Jean Rene Georges as Northeast and Mid-Atlantic Senior Account ExecutiveChyron’s Greg Lennon to Present Keynote on Cloud-Based Services at 2011 Rocky Mountain AVXNew Chyron Media Center Brings State-of-the-Art Graphics to Arizona State University
- ► September (4)
- ► August (4)Chyron Expands Latin American Market PresenceChyron’s Cloud-Based Axis World Graphics System Allows U.S. Newsrooms to Take Quake Graphics to Air QuicklyChyron Equips Powerful and Popular LEX3.1 On-Air Graphics System With Free Stereoscopic 3D SupportChyron Appoints Kathy Power Senior Vice President of Worldwide Sales
- ► July (6)
- ► June (6)Chyron Appoints Sim Kolliner Vice President of Professional ServicesShanghai TV Festival 2011 PreviewExpo Cine, Video & Television (Telemundo) PreviewChyron Expands London Office With Three New AppointmentsChyron Names Christina Thomas Senior Account ExecutiveChyron Names Jonathan Wong New Vice President of Asia Pacific Sales
- ► May (4)
- ► April (8)Chyron Names Peter Morrone Senior Vice President, Engineering and Product ManagementChyron Highlights Enhancements to Graphics Solutions at the 2011 NAB ShowChyron BlueNet™ Graphics Workflow Being Rolled Out Across All 12 NRK News-Producing StationsChyron BlueNet™ Workflow Gives the NHL Network™ a Competitive Edge in Live Graphics PlayoutChyron BlueNet™ Offers Broadcasters Complete Graphics Creation and Playout SolutionSwitzerland’s RSI Extends Deployment of Chyron HyperX³ On-Air Graphics SystemsBroadcastAsia 2011 PreviewU.K. Graphics Company MOOV to Attend Royal Wedding, Brings Chyron’s HyperX³ to the Party
- ► March (4)
- ► February (6)Chyron’s Paul Glasgow to Discuss Cloud-Based Services at CABSAT Broadcast ConferenceChyron Appoints Gary Schutte as North American Director of Channel SalesChyron Strengthens Presence in the Middle East and North Africa, Partners With Dubai-Based Dealer TevidoChyron’s Lyric PRO 8 Earns Digital Studio Industry Leadership AwardChyron’s Paul Glasgow to Join Debate ‘The Cloud: A Year On’ at Broadcast Video Expo 2011Chyron MicroX Powers Real-Time Text and Graphics Animation at New STAR CJ Home Shopping Channel
- ► January (2)