- Channel Branding
- Stadiums & Venues
- Trucks & Remotes
- Game Shows & Shopping Channels
Engage Allows Users to Enhance Broadcasts With Rich Second Screen and Social Interactions — Without Adding Staff
Melville, NY, March 28, 2012: Chyron today introduced its new Engage platform designed for integrating second screen,
social media, and social TV data into live TV broadcasts. Making these popular technologies available through existing Chyron graphics system interfaces, Engage eliminates the need for custom integration and gives broadcasters a low-cost, low-risk way to incorporate a range of engaging and dynamic new elements into their live news and sports programming.
"Our customers are leaders in their markets and are by nature, innovators and early adopters of leading-edge tools,” said Michael Wellesley-Wesley, president and CEO at Chyron. “Engage offers easy access to tools from top companies working in second screen environments. By building these technologies into the TV production workflow, Engage gives artists and producers the means to take content such as Twitter feeds, polls, text messages, and other viewer-generated data to air within their live broadcasts."
The Engage platform offers easy-to-use producer tools with which users can create interactions in just minutes. Rich call-to-action graphics, info-graphics, and tickers can be generated automatically using social and poll data. Because Engage fits seamlessly into Chyron’s BlueNet™ graphics workflows, broadcasters can take advantage of social TV and second screen technologies while remaining within their routine production workflows.
Chyron’s charter partners for the Engage platform include ConnecTV, with its companion app polling technology; never.no, providing an end-to-end social TV platform for social TV, synchronized companion apps and participation TV; Vibes, with its text, Twitter and Web voting technology; and Mass Relevance, with its curation platform licensed to resyndicate Twitter content and data.
A flexible and evolving platform for data integration, Engage has the potential and capacity to support an unlimited number and array of social TV and social media technologies. As a result, Chyron customers will be able to switch, mix, and match multiple social, second screen, and other data streams at will.
During the 2012 NAB Show, Chyron and its partners will demonstrate how Engage facilitates fast, easy access to and on-air presentation of multiple apps and data services.
Chyron (NASDAQ: CHYR) is a leading provider of Graphics as a Service for on-air and digital video applications including newsrooms, studios, sports broadcasting facilities, and corporate video environments. An Emmy® Award-winning company whose products have defined the world of digital and broadcast graphics, Chyron’s graphics solutions include the Axis World Graphics online content creation software and order management system, on-air graphics systems, clip servers, channel branding, and graphics asset management solutions, all of which may be incorporated into the company’s BlueNet™ end-to-end graphics workflow. More information about Chyron products and services is available on the company websites: www.chyron.com and www.axisgraphics.tv. The company’s investor relations information is at www.chyron.com via the “Investors” link.
All trademarks and registered trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.
Press Release Archive
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► May (2)
- ► April (5)Bundesliga Selects ChyronHego as Official Provider of Real-Time Digital Sports Data ChyronHego Launches Mosaic Graphics Creation and Playout Platform for Live and Automated WorkflowsChyronHego Unveils Graffiti On-Air Graphics Platform at NAB 2013ChyronHego and Mark Roberts Motion Control Partner to Create Landmark Intelligent Robotic Camera SolutionITV News to Refit All 10 U.K. Regional News Sites With ChyronHego’s BlueNet™ Graphics Workflow
- ► March (2)
- ► February (1)
- ► January (3)Waterman Broadcasting Uses Chyron Channel Box² to Overhaul Look and Feel of 24-Hour News ChannelTexas Legends NBA D-League Team Leverages ChyronIP to Bring Industry-Leading Graphics Capability to New Mobile Unit Belgium’s Télé Bruxelles Builds New Look on Chyron’s Channel Box² Channel Branding System
- ► 2012 (30)
- ► December (1)
- ► October (2)
- ► September (5)Mexico’s PCTV Deploys Chyron’s BlueNet™ Workflow and SHOUT 2.0 Social Media EditorNew ChyronIP Earns STAR Award at IBC2012zeebox Becomes Charter Partner for Chyron ENGAGE PlatformNew ChyronIP Solution Brings Power of Chyron Graphics to NewTek TriCasterChyron Reveals Enhanced Axis World Graphics Platform to European Market
- ► August (1)
- ► July (3)
- ► June (3)
- ► May (2)
- ► April (5)Chyron Further Expands Latin American Footprint Chyron's ENGAGE Wins ‘STAR’ Award From Editors of TV TechnologyChyron’s SHOUT Takes Twitter Feeds Live to Air in an Instant Chyron and ConnecTV ‘Engage’ Viewers With Innovative Technology PartnershipChyron’s Todd Martin to Participate in 2012 NAB Cloud Computing Conference
- ► March (4)
- ► February (1)
- ► January (3)
- ► 2011 (52)
- ► December (2)
- ► November (1)
- ► October (5)CCW/HD World 2011 Product PreviewChyron Rocky Mountain Audio Video Expo (AVX) Product PreviewChyron Appoints Jean Rene Georges as Northeast and Mid-Atlantic Senior Account ExecutiveChyron’s Greg Lennon to Present Keynote on Cloud-Based Services at 2011 Rocky Mountain AVXNew Chyron Media Center Brings State-of-the-Art Graphics to Arizona State University
- ► September (4)
- ► August (4)Chyron Expands Latin American Market PresenceChyron’s Cloud-Based Axis World Graphics System Allows U.S. Newsrooms to Take Quake Graphics to Air QuicklyChyron Equips Powerful and Popular LEX3.1 On-Air Graphics System With Free Stereoscopic 3D SupportChyron Appoints Kathy Power Senior Vice President of Worldwide Sales
- ► July (6)
- ► June (6)Chyron Appoints Sim Kolliner Vice President of Professional ServicesShanghai TV Festival 2011 PreviewExpo Cine, Video & Television (Telemundo) PreviewChyron Expands London Office With Three New AppointmentsChyron Names Christina Thomas Senior Account ExecutiveChyron Names Jonathan Wong New Vice President of Asia Pacific Sales
- ► May (4)
- ► April (8)Chyron Names Peter Morrone Senior Vice President, Engineering and Product ManagementChyron Highlights Enhancements to Graphics Solutions at the 2011 NAB ShowChyron BlueNet™ Graphics Workflow Being Rolled Out Across All 12 NRK News-Producing StationsChyron BlueNet™ Workflow Gives the NHL Network™ a Competitive Edge in Live Graphics PlayoutChyron BlueNet™ Offers Broadcasters Complete Graphics Creation and Playout SolutionSwitzerland’s RSI Extends Deployment of Chyron HyperX³ On-Air Graphics SystemsBroadcastAsia 2011 PreviewU.K. Graphics Company MOOV to Attend Royal Wedding, Brings Chyron’s HyperX³ to the Party
- ► March (4)
- ► February (6)Chyron’s Paul Glasgow to Discuss Cloud-Based Services at CABSAT Broadcast ConferenceChyron Appoints Gary Schutte as North American Director of Channel SalesChyron Strengthens Presence in the Middle East and North Africa, Partners With Dubai-Based Dealer TevidoChyron’s Lyric PRO 8 Earns Digital Studio Industry Leadership AwardChyron’s Paul Glasgow to Join Debate ‘The Cloud: A Year On’ at Broadcast Video Expo 2011Chyron MicroX Powers Real-Time Text and Graphics Animation at New STAR CJ Home Shopping Channel
- ► January (2)