- Channel Branding
- Stadiums & Venues
- Trucks & Remotes
- Game Shows & Shopping Channels
New Offering Enables Broadcasters to Connect With Viewers on Both First and Second Screens
LAS VEGAS — April 15, 2012 — Chyron, the leading provider of graphics solutions for on-air and digital video applications, and ConnecTV,
the leading social network for TV fans, today announced a first-ever technology partnership to integrate ConnecTV’s popular second screen app with Chyron’s broadcast graphics platform — uniting the on-air and online experiences for instant viewer polls and a real-time social TV relationship with the audience. Newscasters can now offer an on-air survey, prompt an instant vote, and chat on ConnecTV. The poll results quickly loop back on air for display on TV, as well as on ConnecTV, simultaneously.
Leveraging Chyron’s new ENGAGE second screen and social TV platform along with Chyron on-air graphics systems, a station’s news, sports, and entertainment producers can for the first time easily create interactive initiatives that begin with calls-to-action on television. The TV graphics and newscaster prompt drives users to ConnecTV, where they can interact with the TV poll seamlessly. The poll results then automatically appear on both screens with dynamic info-graphics.
“We’re transforming the broadcast experience by integrating a dynamic, real-time social platform that drives viewership on television. It’s as simple as one screen, two-screens, both-screens,” said Joe Foxton, vice president of broadcast solutions at Chyron. “ConnecTV provides a fresh, simple solution to bringing the audience together with the broadcast.”
“ConnecTV is committed to driving a whole new way to watch television, by building the most comprehensive social television platform, supporting all networks, all local stations, and all regional sports networks with the most compelling companion experience to television,” said Alan Moskowitz, ConnecTV co-founder and chief technology officer. “By partnering with industry innovators such as Chyron, we can propel the ‘view-ser’ experience into a new era of television watching — and social activity.”
ConnecTV’s social platform lets users instantly sync on their iPad, Mac, or PC (Android devices and smart phones coming soon) with whatever show they are watching on television. ConnecTV view-sers instantly see what their friends are watching and share their favorite TV moments with a single touch. Seamless social integration enables “view-sers” to share every “Did you see that!” television moment from sports, news, drama, and reality programming — live or time-shifted — in a unique companion viewing experience.
Chyron graphics systems enable template-based creation of rich real-time 3D graphics, and the ConnecTV app keeps creation of second-screen elements simple. As a result, broadcasters using both of these solutions via the ENGAGE platform can produce dynamic, engaging, and complementary content for both the first screen and second screen, and without hiring specialized staff.
Chyron will be demonstrating the integration at its booth, SL1510, throughout this week’s 2012 NAB Show.
# # #
ConnecTV is the biggest social network designed specifically for TV fans — a “second screen” companion entertainment experience that compliments the video programming delivered from cable, satellite, over-the-air or online service providers. ConnecTV is accessible on iOS or browser-based devices. It is coming soon on Android tablets and smart phones. ConnecTV automatically connects television viewers while they watch their favorite programs and synchronizes engaging second screen content, including latest news, celebrity information, trivia, polls, and play-by-play sports stats. ConnecTV subscribers can see what TV shows their friends are watching, invite them to a “viewing party” and start a real-time conversation. ConnecTV also makes it easy to share viewers’ favorite TV moments using Facebook, Twitter, and email. ConnecTV has partnered with 10 leading broadcast groups, including Barrington Broadcasting Group, Belo Corp., Cox Media Group, E.W. Scripps Co., Gannett Broadcasting, Hearst Television Inc., Media General Inc., Meredith Corp., Post-Newsweek Stations Inc., and Raycom Media. Collectively, the broadcasters have a reach of 76 million U.S. households and represents ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, The CW, and MyNetworkTV affiliates in 45 of the nation’s top 50 television markets. Several of those broadcasters have made an undisclosed investment. ConnecTV was founded by pioneering executives at the intersection of media, entertainment, and technology: Ian Aaron, Alan Moskowitz, and Stacy Jolna.
Chyron (NASDAQ: CHYR) is a leading provider of Graphics as a Service for on-air and digital video applications including newsrooms, studios, sports broadcasting facilities, and corporate video environments. An Emmy® Award-winning company whose products have defined the world of digital and broadcast graphics, Chyron’s graphics solutions include the Axis World Graphics online content creation software and order management system, on-air graphics systems, clip servers, channel branding, and graphics asset management solutions, all of which may be incorporated into the company’s BlueNet™ end-to-end graphics workflow. More information about Chyron products and services is available on the company websites: www.chyron.com and www.axisgraphics.tv. The company’s investor relations information is at www.chyron.com via the “Investors” link.
All trademarks and registered trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.
Press Release Archive
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► May (2)
- ► April (5)Bundesliga Selects ChyronHego as Official Provider of Real-Time Digital Sports Data ChyronHego Unveils Graffiti On-Air Graphics Platform at NAB 2013ChyronHego Launches CAMIO-DR System at NAB 2013ChyronHego and Mark Roberts Motion Control Partner to Create Landmark Intelligent Robotic Camera SolutionITV News to Refit All 10 U.K. Regional News Sites With ChyronHego’s BlueNet™ Graphics Workflow
- ► March (2)
- ► February (1)
- ► January (3)Waterman Broadcasting Uses Chyron Channel Box² to Overhaul Look and Feel of 24-Hour News ChannelTexas Legends NBA D-League Team Leverages ChyronIP to Bring Industry-Leading Graphics Capability to New Mobile Unit Belgium’s Télé Bruxelles Builds New Look on Chyron’s Channel Box² Channel Branding System
- ► 2012 (30)
- ► December (1)
- ► October (2)
- ► September (5)Mexico’s PCTV Deploys Chyron’s BlueNet™ Workflow and SHOUT 2.0 Social Media EditorNew ChyronIP Earns STAR Award at IBC2012zeebox Becomes Charter Partner for Chyron ENGAGE PlatformNew ChyronIP Solution Brings Power of Chyron Graphics to NewTek TriCasterChyron Reveals Enhanced Axis World Graphics Platform to European Market
- ► August (1)
- ► July (3)
- ► June (3)
- ► May (2)
- ► April (5)Chyron Further Expands Latin American Footprint Chyron's ENGAGE Wins ‘STAR’ Award From Editors of TV TechnologyChyron’s SHOUT Takes Twitter Feeds Live to Air in an Instant Chyron and ConnecTV ‘Engage’ Viewers With Innovative Technology PartnershipChyron’s Todd Martin to Participate in 2012 NAB Cloud Computing Conference
- ► March (4)
- ► February (1)
- ► January (3)
- ► 2011 (52)
- ► December (2)
- ► November (1)
- ► October (5)CCW/HD World 2011 Product PreviewChyron Rocky Mountain Audio Video Expo (AVX) Product PreviewChyron Appoints Jean Rene Georges as Northeast and Mid-Atlantic Senior Account ExecutiveChyron’s Greg Lennon to Present Keynote on Cloud-Based Services at 2011 Rocky Mountain AVXNew Chyron Media Center Brings State-of-the-Art Graphics to Arizona State University
- ► September (4)
- ► August (4)Chyron Expands Latin American Market PresenceChyron’s Cloud-Based Axis World Graphics System Allows U.S. Newsrooms to Take Quake Graphics to Air QuicklyChyron Equips Powerful and Popular LEX3.1 On-Air Graphics System With Free Stereoscopic 3D SupportChyron Appoints Kathy Power Senior Vice President of Worldwide Sales
- ► July (6)
- ► June (6)Chyron Appoints Sim Kolliner Vice President of Professional ServicesShanghai TV Festival 2011 PreviewExpo Cine, Video & Television (Telemundo) PreviewChyron Expands London Office With Three New AppointmentsChyron Names Christina Thomas Senior Account ExecutiveChyron Names Jonathan Wong New Vice President of Asia Pacific Sales
- ► May (4)
- ► April (8)Chyron Names Peter Morrone Senior Vice President, Engineering and Product ManagementChyron Highlights Enhancements to Graphics Solutions at the 2011 NAB ShowChyron BlueNet™ Graphics Workflow Being Rolled Out Across All 12 NRK News-Producing StationsChyron BlueNet™ Workflow Gives the NHL Network™ a Competitive Edge in Live Graphics PlayoutChyron BlueNet™ Offers Broadcasters Complete Graphics Creation and Playout SolutionSwitzerland’s RSI Extends Deployment of Chyron HyperX³ On-Air Graphics SystemsBroadcastAsia 2011 PreviewU.K. Graphics Company MOOV to Attend Royal Wedding, Brings Chyron’s HyperX³ to the Party
- ► March (4)
- ► February (6)Chyron’s Paul Glasgow to Discuss Cloud-Based Services at CABSAT Broadcast ConferenceChyron Appoints Gary Schutte as North American Director of Channel SalesChyron Strengthens Presence in the Middle East and North Africa, Partners With Dubai-Based Dealer TevidoChyron’s Lyric PRO 8 Earns Digital Studio Industry Leadership AwardChyron’s Paul Glasgow to Join Debate ‘The Cloud: A Year On’ at Broadcast Video Expo 2011Chyron MicroX Powers Real-Time Text and Graphics Animation at New STAR CJ Home Shopping Channel
- ► January (2)